Growing use of space and the associated build-up of debris are making the picture of the near-Earth space population increasingly complex. The number of satellites in orbit exceeded 3,000 in 2006; in 2009 the total number of trackable objects in Earth orbit went above 15,000.
National governments and commercial space clients need better understanding of the changing scene for purposes which include
- meeting treaty obligations
- regulation and licensing
- mission planning and space traffic management
- situational awareness and space picture analysis
- policy formulation.
How we help
- assess, analyse and interpret data
- deliver findings in form of studies and reports to build the picture that provides the client with essential and appropriate insight into the near-Earth space population.